International Studies in English at Universitat Pompeu Fabra - Barcelona, Spain
Why choose Barcelona?
As Spain's second largest city, Barcelona embodies every quality of a European city. Experience the typical hustle and bustle of a busy city on La Rambla
, take a stroll through one of the many barrios, or enjoy any of its famous Mediterranean beaches. This urban city is host to several UNESCO World Heritage sights, attracting millions of tourists each year.
About the International Studies Program
Students in the International Studies Program take courses in English specifically designed for international students. Your studies are complimented by a mandatory Spanish language course to help you ease into your new Spanish community. All our courses are specifically designed to enhance your understanding of modern Spain while you immerse yourself in your studies. Choose from courses in Hispanic and European Studies, International Business, Global Health, Design, Legal Studies, STEM fields, and International Relations. These courses are taught in English at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra
LEARN THE LANGUAGE...
- Classes in English and Spanish
- Fall, Spring, or Academic Year
- Classes with other international students
- Courses in Hispanic and European Studies, Legal Studies, International Business, Global Health, STEM, International Relations, Design
- Option to take additional courses in Spanish (previous Spanish required)
- 12-18 credits per semester
- Opportunities for volunteer work
- Full access to university facilities
Guided direct-enrollment in courses specifically-designed for international students learning Spanish
Classes taught by Spanish professors.
TRAVEL THE LAND...
Visits to locations such as...
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Museo Dalí, Figueres
...with Spanish Studies Abroad
- Spanish Studies Abroad-designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Upbeat nightlife and rich cultural attractions
- Volunteer opportunities
- Room & Board (meals, laundry included)
- Support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad Resident Director
- Pre-departure support
- Overnight and local study visits
- Cultural activities
- Health insurance
- A Spanish Studies Abroad transcript
- Optional trips and activities are also available through the university!
- 3.0 overall GPA
- Class standing junior or senior during program
- For Legal Studies option: 3.3 GPA, and 1 semester of college level Spanish or the equivalent (ex. high school)
- For STEM program: 2.7 GPA; all courses taught in English
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
tel: (413) 256-0011