Ithaca College has entered into an agreement with Cornell University which reserves five spaces each semester in the Cornell in Washington
(CIW) program for qualified Ithaca College students. IC students pay Ithaca College tuition and Cornell housing for a full fall or spring semester in Washington, DC.
The CIW program offers students an 8-credit research course
, a 4-credit classroom course
, and a three-day internship
experience. (Students may take an additional 4-credit course if their schedule permits.) Students who need credit for the internship experience must register for internship credit through Ithaca College and must complete all appropriate IC internship applications as required by their (major) department since Cornell does not confer credit for internships.
Students are encouraged to visit the Cornell in Washington
website and meet with their academic advisor to ensure that the Cornell program will accommodate their academic needs.
Students will fulfill application requirements for both Ithaca College and the Cornell in Washington program:
- First, students must complete their IC registration for this program by clicking on the 'Register/Apply' button (above) before approval will be granted to continue on with the Cornell in Washington application. (Note: after clicking on the 'Register/Apply' button, select the 'I have a username and password' option, and then login by using your Netpass credentials.)
- Next, a list of IC requirements will appear.
- Once all IC requirements have been completed, students may then schedule a time to meet with Assistant Provost Saunders to discuss permission to submit an online application to the CIW program.
- Finally, students who have been granted approval by Ithaca College may then submit an online application to the CIW program.
Information session for attending the DC program in the Spring 2018 Semester:
- 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Junior or senior status
- Good judicial standing
- Ithaca College application endorsement
Tues., 2/13 ; 12:10-1:00; 312 Job Hall
Dr. Robert Hutchens of the CIW program will be present to answer questions and to talk about the program. In the meantime, interested students may schedule a meeting with Assistant Provost Saunders
in Job 202.
Application Deadline for Fall 2018:
- IC deadline: Friday, March 16, 2018;
- Cornell's deadline: Thursday, March 22, 2018.