Integrated Studies Program - Havana, Cuba
Why choose Havana?
The city of La Habana
, founded in 1514, and named after a local aboriginal chief, is Cuba’s cosmopolitan capital. Havana was once one of the most prosperous ports, and the third most populous city in the Americas. A beautiful city, with idyllic landscapes, captivating bays, and a rich, diverse culture, Havana is the site for an ideal learning experience.
Integrated Studies Program at Universidad de La Habana
The Integrated Studies Program gives advanced Spanish-level students the unique opportunity to take language and content courses designed for international students studying Spanish, and integrated courses with Cuban students at Universidad de La Habana, all while benefiting from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies Abroad.
The goal of the Integrated Studies Program is to guide you to live as a member of this community, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings.
In this atmosphere of constant immersion, you will share daily activities with fellow Cuban and international students, whether attending classes or socializing. Courses designed for international students learning Spanish, classes with Cuban students, and access to abundant cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into campus life at Universidad de La Habana.
Learn the Language...
All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- All classes taught in Spanish by Cuban professors
- Courses designed for international students in a variety of disciplines
- Guided direct enrollment in a wide range of courses at Universidad de La Habana
- Visits to Old Havana
- The Museum of the Revolution
- Farmers' Markets
- Grassroots community centers
- Jazz, salsa and hip-hop concerts
- Weekend trip to Santiago
- Day trip to Las Terrazas in Viñales
- Room & partial board (homestay with breakfast and dinner provided daily)
- Support of the onsite Resident Director
- Pre-departure support
- Overnight and local study visits, cultural activities
- Health insurance
- Spanish Studies Abroad transcript
- Optional activities are also available through the university
- Successful completion of two semesters in advanced college-level Spanish or the equivalent.
- 3.0 overall GPA and 3.0 in Spanish language coursework
- Applicants must be 18-25 years old and hold class-standing of sophomore, junior, or senior.
Spanish Studies Abroad
433 West Street
Amherst MA, 01002
tel: (413) 256-0011
Integrated Studies Program APPLY NOW
13 - 17 credits per semester
Fall or Spring Terms
Classes scheduled Monday through Thursday
Prerequisite: successful completion
of two semesters of advanced level
Spanish or the equivalent.
3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework required
Class standing junior or senior during
Choose from a variety of courses offered at Universidad de la Habana with local Cuban students. All courses are taught by Cuban university professors.
STUDY TRIPS AND CULTURAL VISITS:
All-inclusive program-sponsored excursions to places such as Old Havana, the Museum of the Revolution, Farmers' Markets, grassroots community centers, jazz, salsa and hip-hop concerts, Cienfuegos province,
the colonial city of Trinidad, and more!
More program details coming soon.