Semi-Integrated Spanish Studies w/ Local Students - Seville, Spain
Live the sevillano lifestyle while earning course-credit through Spanish Studies Abroad semester programs. Seville, a beautiful and ancient city, is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, grand architecture, and flamenco.
Semi-Integrated Spanish Studies
Students in the Semi-Integrated Spanish Studies with Local Students program take the majority of their courses at the Spanish Studies Center, while enrolling in 1-2 courses alongside Spanish students at one of Seville's local universities: Universidad de Sevilla. Through a specially-designed culture course and intensive language program, you are guided through the process of studying abroad at a foreign institution, so that you may more fully integrate into the sevilllano culture. Spanish Studies in Seville also houses the Advanced Spanish Studies program, which is known for its rigorous academic curriculum and attention to the study abroad student's immersion experience. .
Learn the Language...
- Intensive Language Period, designed to prepare you for life and study at a foreign campus
- Guided direct enrollment
- Wide-array of courses offered through Universidad de Sevilla and Universidad Pablo de Olavide
- Independent Research Projects
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Granada and the Alhambra, Ronda, La Rábida Monastery and the beach, Córdoba and the Great Mosque, Itálica, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal
Live the Life...
- Spanish Studies-designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Monthly fiestas for American and Spanish students at the Center in Seville
- Sevillanas dance classes and citywide festivals, such as Feria, Spain's largest folkloric festival
- Internships, service learning projects, and volunteer opportunities
- Homestays with local families or housing in student residence halls with Spanish students
...with Spanish Studies Abroad
With over 40 years of academic excellence in Spanish studies, Spanish Studies Abroad offers advanced Spanish language students the opportunity to take classes alongside local students while benefiting from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies programming.
The goal of the Semi-Integrated Spanish Studies with Local Students program is to guide you to live as a member of sevillano culture both on campus and in the city, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. A unique intensive period at the Center in Seville prepares you for the challenges of studying in a foreign university, while classes at the Center cater to your needs as a non-native speaker. Spanish Studies Abroad also provides you with many available resources to help you navigate through your experience.
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies staff, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a Spanish Studies transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the Center.
Successful completion of one semester of advanced college-level Spanish or the equivalent; minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework
Contact: Start your online application today
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002